The Cardinal Vaughan School, part of the Royal Borough Teaching Alliance, in conjunction with St Mary’s University, Twickenham is offering specialist subject training. The courses are designed for non- specialist teachers considering teaching French, Spanish, Mathematics and Physics or those non-specialist currently teaching these subjects or those returning to work. Teachers will have the opportunity to develop their subject knowledge, pedagogy and become more confident and prepared classroom practitioners.
Each course will provide:
- A structured series of four 2-hour face-to-face twilight sessions covering subject knowledge and pedagogy in key areas of the subject.
- Lesson observations and detailed feedback from an experienced practitioner
- Allocation of an expert specialist mentor
- Focused independent learning tasks on key areas of subject knowledge and pedagogy
- Observing subject lessons by experienced teachers
- Resources and key materials
- Successful completion of the course is worth 30 Master’s level credits (Accreditation and certification will be undertaken by St Mary’s University.)
- A programme of study devised by an outstanding university teacher training provider and an outstanding academy school with a wealth of expertise in teacher training, professional learning and development.
There is no cost to participants working in an academy or a comprehensive or those returning to work in either.
For eligibility criteria Click Here