|Victoria Bradford||· Teacher of Physics
· Numeracy Co-ordinator
· Specialist Leader in Education
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Secondary Physics/Science|
|The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School
89 Addison Road
London W14 8BZ
|SLE COORDINATOR CONTACT DETAILS|
|Email: email@example.com||Tel: 020 7603 8478|
Victoria has a First Class Masters degree in Physics from Oxford University. She has:
- excellent subject knowledge in physics at GCSE and A-level;
- developed numerous resources and Schemes of Work for GCSE and A-level (including the new specifications);
- undertaken research on misconceptions in the topic of electricity, which is particularly useful when advising on teaching this often-misunderstood topic;
- developed new resources for the new GCSE and A-level courses, liaising with colleagues in the science department to develop appropriate Schemes of Work and assessment resources;
- an excellent track record of physics A-level and GCSE results – for example, in 2016, her A-level class achieved 71% A*&A grades, 100% A*-B grades.
Prior to training as a teacher, Victoria worked as a UK and European Patent Attorney. In that role, she drafted and prosecuted patent applications for inventions in various fields of physics, such as electronics, software and mechanical engineering. This significantly improved her knowledge and experience in these fields, and means that she is able to inspire students by bringing real-life examples into the classroom.
In her current role, Victoria has experience of:
- mentoring Newly Qualified Teachers;
- mentoring School Direct students;
- coaching and management;
- supporting other colleagues in their science teaching (chemistry and physics respectively);
- developing a successful intervention programme to support colleagues teaching based on regular observations and meetings;
- mentoring of inexperienced colleagues;
- supporting other teachers to identify areas for improvement and implement effective strategies for behaviour management, exam skills, creative lesson planning and A-level teaching.
As a leading physics (and mathematics) teacher, additionally with proven experience of people management, Victoria is in an excellent position to assist departments in other schools. Victoria can bring her experience of classroom teaching, as well as her organisation and management skills outside the classroom, to contribute to outstanding teaching practice in other physics and science departments.